Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Bowl Sunday

With not much Mets news to report today, I thought I'd spend a little time talking about the Superbowl.

As a Mets fan, I guess it's become habit for me to root for the underdog. With that said, though, I don't think the Eagles are as below the Patriots as people think. Their defense is equal to that of the Pats, and both offenses are similar in that they're good at spreading the ball around. It should be a great game.

On a baseball note, I thought this was an interesting article from the Miami Herald focusing on the changing market for players in Major League baseball. While I disagree that the Mets really overpaid for anyone this offseason (Kris Benson made over 6M last season, so a raise of around 1M was to be expected), he does make the point that for teams such as the Mets and Diamondbacks they needed to bring in high profile free agents to attract more fans.

Post your predictions for Mets players here

Post your predictions about the Mets W/L record here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home